Melbourne Victory fans are waiting with anticipation for the team announcement that tells them Marco Rojas will be a part of the squads starting 11, which will come in due time he says.
Rojas was again one of Victory’s substitutes in the sides 1-0 win against Chiangrai United at AAMI Park on Tuesday night, coming on for Andrew Nabbout in the 72’ minute.
His fitness has been the key focus as to why he has not secured longer game time, or a start for that matter.
Rojas knows himself that he has improved week by week since his return to the club and that the selection staff take this have been taking this into consideration each game.
“I came back because I felt good here,” Rojas said
“I feel really good when I go on the pitch.
“I feel really good fitness wise and what I’ve been able to contribute to the team.”
Rojas has converted the sense of feeling good to playing good football on the pitch.
In the 22 minutes he was on against Chiangrai, he was a key part of two goal setups that were unlucky to have converted.
He is showing positive signs that he has comfortably slotted himself in the side; training in full with the squad each week contributing to this.
However, it seems that what he has been able to provide to the team in the minutes he has played is enough to satisfy his coaching staff as he returns to full fitness.
Victory have been struck with terrible luck when it comes to the fitness and injuries sustained to their players.
Most recently, Robbie Kruse sustained a hamstring injury against Melbourne City in last week’s 2-1 loss and is expected to miss the next six to eight weeks.
The fear of selecting players is felt amongst the club, which Rojas can understand is why he not been named in a starting 11 side as of current.
“It’s up to the coaching staff to decide when they think it’s a good idea for me to put me in for a full game,” he said.
“I understand why there is a bit of safety because it’s been a tough year in regard to injuries with some of the other boys.”
Rojas remains positive though and is not disappointed with his current role at the club, knowing his transfer mid a difficult season was tough enough, let along retuning not 100 per cent fit.
“I’m not that frustrated because I understand that I’ve come in halfway through the season, and I’ve come in from a little break from the season over there,” he said.
“I feel good, I’m recovering good.
I completely understand, this is still a bit of preseason for me.”
Victory have a bye this week in the A-League and prepare to travel Seoul as they face off FC Seoul on Tuesday 18th February.
If fit and well, Victory fans can expect the potential of Rojas starting.
If not, they too like the man himself can wait patiently knowing his time is soon enough.
Enjoy this content? Support The Football Sack
Due in part to COVID and lack of current sponsorship we are at risk of not having the funds to continue running The Football Sack. If you enjoy our content and support our work in training talented young writers, please support us with a donation. If every reader contributed just $3, our funding would be covered for over ten years.
| DONATE |

















